This idea was inspired by the magnificent music of the Bulgarian female choirs, better known as “Le Mystére des Voix Bulgares”, conceived by the great Filip Kutev. This Music is part of me since I long ago came across its 1st vinyl, released by 4AD. Only some years back I had the great priveledge of witnessing two great performances by The Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir, directed by Prof. Dr. Dora Hristova. Needless to say, it was a dream come true. My little tribute’s idea is simple but not necessary successful – To recreate the choir format, such as the voices correspond to bass guitar timbres. Each of the 4 voices was attributed to one specific bass, and played twice to create the ensemble effect. Eventually each voice plays a slightly different line, usually intervals of a second, very specific of these arrangements. A tough task – to transcribe the piece by ear, adapt it to the playability of the basses, trying to mantain the dynamics of the piece, and produce it, so all the low frequences don’t colide too much and each “voice” can be heard. 10 tracks vere recorded and 2 to 6 vocal lines can be (hopefully) heard. No effects were used, to preserve each instruments own “voice”. And then producing the video. I invite you to discover this unique Music, checking my favourites section. This is only a mere recreation, done by heart and it’s galaxies away from the Real Thing. One of my favourite songs is “Svatba” (Wedding) – a Bolyar wedding celebration coming from far away. So, without further delays, I present you: the Rickenbacker 4001, the fret-ripped j-bass copy, and the Fender VI – I name it, with all due respect, the Bulgarian Electric Bass Ensemble, or simply, “BEBE”.
- A Fish for 20 minutes, 94 audio tracks, 41 participants (and counting) ... and this time, due to your request I wil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- I have now a Patreon page for those who consider supporting my musical activities. Take a look at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- New video @ youtu.be/qdUfmlv7tgY #ChrisSquire #onward #Tormato #yes #rickenbacker #bass @YesSolidMental @YesMusicPodcast @FYesterdays 5 days ago
- "Onward" New video remaster tomorrow #chrissquire #Yes #onward #tormato #bass #basslesson #bassguitar #bassline… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Six months of being a full-time musician and music teacher. #gratitude #musicteacher #musicisthebest #lovemusic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago