“Alternate tune”… I dared to include on my channel this little tune for 8-string bass. This song is still, though vaguely, Yes-related as it was my contribution for the alt.music.yes CD called “Cyberian Khatru”, released in 2000. The bass tuning was inspired by Chris Squire’s Ranney 8-string, with a slight change on the top string: E(e8),A(a8),D(a8),G(e8). I tried to explore the pureness of the instrument’s beautiful sound using open strings and some harmonics and keeping it simple, letting the bass sound freely… the sound is direct with a touch of reverb only. Hope you relax, meditate, but don’t fall asleep ;) Thanks for listening, friends!
- A Fish for 20 minutes, 94 audio tracks, 41 participants (and counting) ... and this time, due to your request I wil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I have now a Patreon page for those who consider supporting my musical activities. Take a look at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- New video @ youtu.be/qdUfmlv7tgY #ChrisSquire #onward #Tormato #yes #rickenbacker #bass @YesSolidMental @YesMusicPodcast @FYesterdays 6 days ago
- "Onward" New video remaster tomorrow #chrissquire #Yes #onward #tormato #bass #basslesson #bassguitar #bassline… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Six months of being a full-time musician and music teacher. #gratitude #musicteacher #musicisthebest #lovemusic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago