“Alternate tune”… I dared to include on my channel this little tune for 8-string bass. This song is still, though vaguely, Yes-related as it was my contribution for the alt.music.yes CD called “Cyberian Khatru”, released in 2000. The bass tuning was inspired by Chris Squire’s Ranney 8-string, with a slight change on the top string: E(e8),A(a8),D(a8),G(e8). I tried to explore the pureness of the instrument’s beautiful sound using open strings and some harmonics and keeping it simple, letting the bass sound freely… the sound is direct with a touch of reverb only. Hope you relax, meditate, but don’t fall asleep ;) Thanks for listening, friends!
- Now That's What I Call Yes - #ChrisSquire Thank you @OliverWakeman twitter.com/YesMusicPodcas… 3 weeks ago
- @bondegezou @YesMusicPodcast @UltClassicRock thanks Henry! 1 month ago
- "There were all sorts of stories going around that 'Oh, Chris wanted it to continue.' I know for a fact people that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Revealing Science of God transcription work in progress #ChrisSquire #Miguelbass @YesMusicPodcast … twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Yes bass transcriptions by Simon Gilman. Check out the latest posts at miguelbass.com #ChrisSquire… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago