“Alternate tune”… I dared to include on my channel this little tune for 8-string bass. This song is still, though vaguely, Yes-related as it was my contribution for the alt.music.yes CD called “Cyberian Khatru”, released in 2000. The bass tuning was inspired by Chris Squire’s Ranney 8-string, with a slight change on the top string: E(e8),A(a8),D(a8),G(e8). I tried to explore the pureness of the instrument’s beautiful sound using open strings and some harmonics and keeping it simple, letting the bass sound freely… the sound is direct with a touch of reverb only. Hope you relax, meditate, but don’t fall asleep ;) Thanks for listening, friends!
- @Editwit Sorry for the double reply 😁 4 days ago
- @Editwit Plovdiv academy are the specialists in folklore. Most of my Bulgarian musician friends studied there. Beautiful city! 4 days ago
- @Editwit Wow, Plovdiv Academy are the specialists in folklore. Most of my Bulgarian musician friends studied there! Beautiful city too! 4 days ago
- For the friends who have requested my settings for the #sansampparadriver #sansamp #tech21nyc #chrissquire #Yes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- #gadulka #гъдулка #българия #nevestino #bulgarianfolklore #bulgarianfolkmusic #bulgarianfolk #miguelbass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago