While I have been part of several local bands throughout the years, only this one – Caffeine – has released a video clip that actually aired on some tv stations. To put it simple, Caffeine was a rock act that had it’s major activity around the turn of the millenium and saw an EP and full length albums released. Quite far from the prog area (if not from some splashes from yours truly), this was a different thing and maybe not the usual dear channel viewer’s cup of tea. Still, I would like to present you a picture of what I was doing some years back, including some of my own bassline work. You will find “familiar” influences for sure, but also other elements that somehow are part of my style, if there is one.The bass however gets a bit lost in the mix, as this single edit of the song progresses. I used my J-Bass with flanger on the first part of the song, and on 2 occasional overdubs you may spot some 8-string harmonics. The video was shot in 2001 by the occasion of our only international performance, opening for Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (after being invited by Mick Harvey) at La Riviera, Madrid – Spain, and in our homeland, at Lisbon’s Coliseu dos Recreios. Caffeine opened for other more and less well known international alternative acts such as Sigur Ros, Dakota Suite and Day-One.
- Now That's What I Call Yes - #ChrisSquire Thank you @OliverWakeman twitter.com/YesMusicPodcas… 2 weeks ago
- @bondegezou @YesMusicPodcast @UltClassicRock thanks Henry! 1 month ago
- "There were all sorts of stories going around that 'Oh, Chris wanted it to continue.' I know for a fact people that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Revealing Science of God transcription work in progress #ChrisSquire #Miguelbass @YesMusicPodcast … twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Yes bass transcriptions by Simon Gilman. Check out the latest posts at miguelbass.com #ChrisSquire… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago