Since I began playing, before I knew any music theory or whatsoever, I always used my ears to find out the notes to play. I really am not a fan of the tablature system and I feel that it always falls short for such an expressive music like Yes, for example. That is not to say TAB is bad. It’s a valid learning tool and it may help many players. I developed my own way of extracting melodies, rhythms and, of course, several basslines just by listening so I don’t have really any tabs because I don’t use them.
- Madrigal Bass Pedals cover youtu.be/HV0mFhjRo3Q #ChrisSquire #Miguelbass @YesSolidMental @YesMusicPodcast 2 months ago
- One more sweet memory from Paul Gilbert's masterclass show. youtu.be/K7r1IKdhVAw @yesmusicpodcast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- youtu.be/_RBW3QrMTT0 #playforChris5 @YesMusicPodcast @YesSolidMental #ChrisSquire 2 months ago
- #playforChris5 is about 48 hours away. Let's try to gather on at the same time and celebrate Chris' music. The rel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- #playforChris5 new deadline is June 15th - we have 13 entries already - keep them coming! @YesSolidMental @YesMusicPodcast 3 months ago