Since I began playing, before I knew any music theory or whatsoever, I always used my ears to find out the notes to play. I really am not a fan of the tablature system and I feel that it always falls short for such an expressive music like Yes, for example. That is not to say TAB is bad. It’s a valid learning tool and it may help many players. I developed my own way of extracting melodies, rhythms and, of course, several basslines just by listening so I don’t have really any tabs because I don’t use them.
- The Summer Backwards. Taking a break from #playforChris6 for the swim of the summer. More news later. #chrissquire… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- 5 Years without #chrissquire #Yes #tribute #playforChris6 #playforChris #bass #basslesson #bassguitar #bassline… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Colours of The Fish 🐟 rainbow 🌈 audio mix for #playforChris6 #playforChris #chrissquire #videocollab… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- This is only the beginning. First 43 audio clips rendered. #playforChris6 #playforChris #chrissquire #videocollab… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- The premiere of my next video, the updated version of the Roundabout bass cover will be tomorrow at 23:00 (UK/Portu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago