“Alternate tune”… I dared to include on my channel this little tune for 8-string bass. This song is still, though vaguely, Yes-related as it was my contribution for the alt.music.yes CD called “Cyberian Khatru”, released in 2000. The bass tuning was inspired by Chris Squire’s Ranney 8-string, with a slight change on the top string: E(e8),A(a8),D(a8),G(e8). I tried to explore the pureness of the instrument’s beautiful sound using open strings and some harmonics and keeping it simple, letting the bass sound freely… the sound is direct with a touch of reverb only. Hope you relax, meditate, but don’t fall asleep ;) Thanks for listening, friends!
- Send me your videos until May 15 #playforchris #playforchris6 #miguelbass #videocollab #videocollaboration #tribute… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- #playforChris6 #ChrisSquire @YesMusicPodcast @YesSolidMental instagram.com/p/B94RpU6J6e4/… 1 week ago
- Call for action and spread the word! (see Facebook post link) #chrissquire #miguelbass #playforChris … twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Gadulka time! #gadulka #гъдулка #българия #nevestino #bulgarianfolklore #bulgarianfolkmusic #bulgarianfolk… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Happy Birthday Chris! #chrissquire @YesMusicPodcast @YesSolidMental youtu.be/p2dAnA5q-U4 3 weeks ago