“Alternate tune”… I dared to include on my channel this little tune for 8-string bass. This song is still, though vaguely, Yes-related as it was my contribution for the alt.music.yes CD called “Cyberian Khatru”, released in 2000. The bass tuning was inspired by Chris Squire’s Ranney 8-string, with a slight change on the top string: E(e8),A(a8),D(a8),G(e8). I tried to explore the pureness of the instrument’s beautiful sound using open strings and some harmonics and keeping it simple, letting the bass sound freely… the sound is direct with a touch of reverb only. Hope you relax, meditate, but don’t fall asleep ;) Thanks for listening, friends!
- Part 2 of No Opportunity Necessary... Bassline analysis #chrissquire #Yes #timeandaword #bass #basslesson… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- No Opportunity Necessary... Bassline analysis #chrissquire #Yes #timeandaword #bass #basslesson #bassguitar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Could this be the 2nd bass track in "Onward"? #chrissquire #Yes #onward #tormato #bass #basslesson #bassguitar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- So, are there 2 bass tracks in "Onward" or not? your answers in the comments and I'll make a special live stream to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @Editwit have you recognized it? That's one of the most complex country map shapes! 1 week ago