Unlikely maybe, but there is something of a “hidden gem” about “A Venture”. It’s a song written by Jon Anderson from The Yes Album that hasn’t been played live like all the other songs on that record. The bassline begins very self-contained on the neck pickup, and then begins to come out of the shell until it bursts on a very cool and distinctive blues/pentatonic solo. For that, I assumed the bridge pick-up was used and also thought maybe Chris played it behind the horseshoe. NOTE – for the time being this may be the last clip I upload until YouTube removes this awful audio compression scheme that many of you may have noticed. I searched around for days trying to fix the problem, but sadly this version was the best I could manage, mixing a sine wave of 10Hz. You still hear some noises on both ends of the video and still some YouTube dumb compression that I am not responsible for, aside deciding to upload the video. My apologies to all and still hoping you will enjoy my work. Thank You.
- One more sweet memory from Paul Gilbert's masterclass show. youtu.be/K7r1IKdhVAw @yesmusicpodcast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- youtu.be/_RBW3QrMTT0 #playforChris5 @YesMusicPodcast @YesSolidMental #ChrisSquire 2 weeks ago
- #playforChris5 is about 48 hours away. Let's try to gather on at the same time and celebrate Chris' music. The rel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- #playforChris5 new deadline is June 15th - we have 13 entries already - keep them coming! @YesSolidMental @YesMusicPodcast 1 month ago
- #playforChris5 which songs have been covered? @YesMusicPodcast @YesSolidMental #ChrisSquire facebook.com/27846278229681… 2 months ago